Friday 19 April 2013

Self-Love

As I released my intense ancient fears of not being loved on that fateful day, I dropped a few pants sizes! Voila!

Well defintiely losing a few pants sizes in one day is indeed a miracle. But behind this miracle is a lot of diligence and commitment leading up to it.

I did put out intentions that I wanted to lose my fats. But I just said the thought and let it go a couple of times in the span of one year. What I had been really working at was my spiritual pathway of ascension. I was very intent on releasing all the negative thoughts and emotions I was holding inside of myself and becoming more loving towards myself and others. This I did on a daily and moment to moment basis.

I also did weight lifting consciously and gently to increase my upper arm strength. I only carried very light weights (1.8 kg) as I could not handle anything heavier and I only did it about once a week. But I focused on doing it consistently and being very conscious about the effects I was having mentally and emotionally while doing this exercises. Reason is the arms and all the chest muscles and upper body back muscles  are all connected to our heart energies (heart chakra). I also did more consistent running (albeit at a slow speed and about 1 to 3 km for about a couple of times in a week) as it was all about getting the heart muscles working better and to have my blood flowing better. Running also helped to open up my heart chakra and allow the anger to be released. Everytime I was feeling sad, I would go and have a run. In this process, anger was released (which made me have more energy to run faster and more) or the sadness would just slowly be replaced by joy. So running always helped to transform my negative energies to positive energies. I did not set huge or unachievable goals for my exercise. I only set very small achievable goals. The key is to set goals that are small enough to keep motivating the mind to do it more willingly at a very consistent rate every week. Its not the intensity so much as the focus, depth of consciousness and consistency that the exercise is done. Therefore I do not compare myself with how much better, faster or longer my peers can exercise but I use myself as the yardstick of measure as to how well I am progressing.  I keep praising myself and treat myself to a cup of tea and some toast after the exercise to keep myself motivated. Sometimes dressing well and putting on some make up with nice hairdo during the workout also helps to shift the mood. As does good music or nice friendly, caring and helpful people around.

A few signs of success definitely helps. Signs of success are seeing the sweat on my body, feeling my increased heart rate, feeling myself breathe more easily and freely during the workout, feeling the emotional and mental energies flowing and shifting through me (trasnforming from negative to positive) and stronger muscles.