Saturday 30 November 2013

Awareness of Moving from a place of struggle to a place of ease and joy

Throughout my life, I have had this tendency to try and work very hard at achieving what I wanted. It especially was pronounced and showed up in my days of schooling and then in my career life. However, life taught me that this does not equate to success at all. Because when we try and work very hard in a stressed, fearful, anxious,joyless and deprived, we come from the mindset that "Life is a struggle and its no fun at all".

So I have been searching and transforming a lot since I discovered this awareness within me. Today I read a quote by Abraham Hicks which really made my dreams seem possible all over again. It was to the effect of: "Your task is not to try and do to achieve something. Your task is to simply allow your dreams to be fulfilled". That's indeed very profound. But it is very liberating as it means I can choose to live my life the way I have always wanted to which is in itself very much in friction with how society has always said I must live my life. The other quote by Abraham Hicks which needs to mentioned now is : " You can't struggle your way to joy. You can only joy your way to joy"....

Wow now my dreams seem even more possible. What about yours?